Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cycling with Dr Jean and Helene Roy

Dr Jean Roy and his wife Helene arrived in Orleans yesterday and Serge picked them up this morning. I started my day early in Amboise and cycled towards Orleans, through  lovely villages and the City of Blois (photo below) and we all met in Beaugency, and cycled back to Orleans. I'm honored to have Jean and Helene Roy with me, and I know how lucky I am.
We stopped for a few minutes in a little village called St Hillaire to admire its magnificent 15th Century church and chat with Guillaume, (actually, he is originally Dutch, his name is Willem) who lives right across from the Church, with history in his front yard. The Church has, like every village, a monument to the Villlages war dead (Morts Pour La France) - 18 men from a tiny village in World War I. History here is everywhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment