Friday, April 30, 2010

The View from Bourbon Lancy

We are in Bourbon Lancy, a small town which has existed since medieval times, and is about a half way between Nevers and Baune (good wine). We decided to spend the day here as a rest day, to allow Serge to bring the doctors and their wives to Dijon (good mustard) where they can catch their train to Paris (and then home – I miss them already), and to catch up on my e-mails.

So far in our first eight days we have cycled almost 800 kilometres so I am well on track to reach Budapest by the end of May. I am very thankful that I have been able to do this, I feel very strong and even though this is a rest day, I would like nothing more than to hop on my bike and race down the road.

That's all for now, I will let my pictures of Bourbon Lancy speak for themselves. If you would like to see all of the pictures on my blog, and other pictures I have taken on the trip, then go to the link on the right for "More of my photos", or go to  http://picasaweb.google.com/106987724341625770882.

Please give generously to The Fund for Education and Research on Blood Cancers at Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital using the online donation link above.Thank you for your generosity.

1 comment:

  1. hey<this is so amazing-I am glad that chapter 2 of your life has been such an adventure .Will France ever recover from the original Bon Vivant?I will post my donation on Monday...safe travels and congrats...Heather A.

    ReplyDelete